348 Deep South Farm Road
Blairsville, GA 30512
Hwy. 325 at corner of Hwy 515
near Horse Arena in Blairsville, GA
***This location takes GLASS for recycling***
Phone: (706) 439-6102
Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
Closed: Sundays and Holidays
Directions to 348 Deep South Farm Rd location:
Follow hospital signs - go past hospital approximately ¼ mile. The Transfer and Recycle Station is located on right.
The Transfer Station is owned by Union County, but operated under contract by a private firm, Advanced Disposal Services of North Georgia, L.L.C. The station accepts solid waste and recyclables* from both commercial and residential users. This is not a landfill. All solid waste is transported to a landfill located elsewhere in Georgia.
County Ordinance O-2000-004 states that all trucks hauling solid waste must be suitably enclosed or covered to prevent littering. Violators of this ordinance are subject to the citation and shall be prosecuted in accordance with the provisions of the Ordinance.
- Individual household trash rate: 30 gallon bags, $1.00 per bag
- Individual household trash rate: 33 gallon bags, $1.25 per bag
- Commercial and larger individual loads will be charged $46.00 a ton.
No Yard Waste is accepted
There is no charge for the following recyclables:
- Paper Mixed, computer, magazines and newsprint
- Paper Board Cereal boxes, food container, etc.
- Cardboard Packing boxes (please break down)
- Automotive Batteries
- White Goods Appliances (excluding air conditioners and refrigerators)(Not available for commercial appliance dealers)
- Bulk Metal Tin roofing, metal desks, cabinets, etc.
Neighborhood Recycling Program
Hours: 8 a.m. to Noon - Every Wednesday
Want to become a Recycling Volunteer? Contact Jennifer Queen at 706-439-6000.
- Station 2 Jones Creek Precinct
- Station 3 Owltown Precinct
- Station 4 Ivy Log Precinct
- Station 5 Suches Precinct
- Station 6 Pat Colwell Precinct
- Station 8 Gumlog Precinct
- Station 9 Coosa Precinct
Materials we accept at the neighborhood drop-off sites:
- Mixed Paper which includes newspaper, copy paper, white paper, color paper, envelopes, fliers and any other office or “junk mailings” are accepted. Magazines, catalogs and thin paperback books are also accepted. If you can tear it, we can take it!
- Paperboard such as cereal boxes, soft drink boxes, etc. should be placed in the Mixed Paper bin.
- Aluminum Cans: Please rinse and flatten aluminum cans before placing in bin. They should be thrown in loose. Please empty your cans out of plastic bags or other containers.
- #1 and #2 Plastics: Look on the bottom of your plastic bottles for a number in a triangle of arrows. Those numbers identify recyclable plastic types. We are currently taking only number 1 and 2 plastic bottles with screw-top lids.
- Examples: #1 Containers Soft Drink Bottles, peanut butter jars, cooking oil bottles
- Examples: #2 Containers Milk jugs, detergent bottles, bleach bottles, plastic juice bottles
Always Remember to REMOVE LIDS AND RINSE CONTAINERS!
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Microwave trays, yogurt containers, butter bowls, produce containers
This program financed by the Georgia Environmental Facilities Authority, the Union County Commissioner and the North Georgia Resource Management Authority.