8552 Gainesville Hwy
Blairsville, GA 30512
Phone: (706) 745-2034
|Visitor Center Hours:|
Farm Opens April 15, 2020
Wednesday - Saturday
|For a printable version of Self-Guided Tour: Click here
For our Rental Policies & Applications: Click here
THE BYRON HERBERT REECE FARM WILL BE CLOSED 5/28 IN OBSERVANCE OF MEMORIAL DAY.
Experience early 20th century farm life complete with farm animals and fruit & vegetable production. The Byron Herbert Reece Farm, or just the Reece Farm for short, features restored barns, corn crib, chicken house, smokehouse, spring house and petting farm. State of the art exhibits tell the story of Byron Herbert Reece, the farmer, writer, and poet who lived on this site.
The exhibits showcase the Appalachian style of farming during the early 1900s and the life of Reece himself. There is also a visitor’s center, gift shop, creek side amphitheater & picnic tables.
The following small venue concerts will be held behind the welcome center on the stage beside the creek or at the pavilion.
*All Free events are subject to cancellation for paid events
Donations Welcome& Greatly Appreciated!!
- *April 23, Sat. 1-3 Wilderness Pickers
- *April 29, Fri. 1-3, Curtis & Kim Jones Music
*May 14, Sat. BHR Society Annual Meeting
- *May 20, Fri 1-3, Tom Edwards & Dr Paul Music
May 24, Tues. 5-8, Union County Kids Fishing
- *May 27, Fri., 1-3, Curtis & Kim Jones Music
- *June 18 Sat 1-3 John Cochran Music
- *June 24, Fri. 1-3, Curtis & Kim Jones Music
- *June 25 Sat 1-3 Wilderness Pickers Music
- *July 9, Sat. 1-3 Jayna Jennings Music
- *July 15, Fri 1-3, Tom Edwards & Dr Paul Music
- *July 22, Fri 1-3, Curtis & Kim Jones Music
- *July 30, Sat. 1-3, Wilderness Pickers Music
- *Aug.13 Sat. BHR Society Mater’s & Music
- *Aug. 26, Fri 1-3, Curtis & Kim Jones Music
- *8/27/22, Sat. 1-3, Wilderness Pickers Music
- *9/3/22 Sat. 1-3 Wyatt Esplain Music
- *9/9/22, FRI. 2-4, Wilderness Pickers Music
*Sept. 10 BHR Society 105th BHR Birthday
- *Sept. 16, Fri. 1-3p.m. Dr Paul Music
- *10/21 Sat. 1-3 Wyatt Esplain Music
- *10/28, Fri 1-3, Curtis & Kim Jones Music
- *Oct.29, Sat. 1-3, Wilderness Pickers Music
A WELL-HIDDEN SECRET
Creekside Deck for exchanging Vows & The Betty Sellers Memorial Amphitheater on the creek for smaller ceremonies.