Message from Union County Tax Assessor's Office:

Click Here

E-911 Emergency Dispatch

76D Hunt Martin Street
Blairsville, GA 30512
Director: R. David Dyer
Lieutenant: Amelia Baxter
Emergency: Dial 911
Non-Emergency Phone: (706) 439-6038
Fax: (706) 745-4399
Administrative Email:

Union County E-911 is the primary Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP), for Union County. We currently provide the following services to our  citizens:

  • E-911 Answering Service
  • Dispatch & Support Services for:
    • Blairsville Police Department
    • Union County Sheriff's Office
    • County EMS
    • Union County EMA

  • Also supports: GSP, DNR, TVA, GBI, GFC

911 is the emergency phone number to call for help in a police, fire or medical emergency. The 9-1-1 calls go over dedicated networks to find the appropriate location, and our trained personnel will send the emergency help needed.

Union County is also an ENHANCED 911 Center. Enhanced 911, or E911, routes emergency calls to the appropriate 9-1-1 answering point (PSAP) for your location, AND it automatically displays your phone number and address. The 9-1-1 call taker will typically ask the caller to verify the information, which appears on his or her computer screen. In most areas, phone number and location information is available for 9-1-1 calls made from a cellular/wireless phone.

911 is for EMERGENCIES ONLY! An emergency is any situation that requires immediate assistance from the police/sheriff, the fire department, or an ambulance. If you are ever in doubt of whether a situation is an emergency, you should immediately go ahead and call 9-1-1. It’s better to be safe and let the 9-1-1 call taker determine if you need emergency assistance.

911 is NOT FOR information, directory assistance, chit-chat, traffic tickets, animals, or pranks. If you do accidently call 911 without an emergency, please DO NOT hang up. Tell the call taker your situation so they know it isn’t an emergency.

To initiate a 911 call from many types of phone services: Push Button, Rotary, Cell, Wireless, or Pay Phones (may require coins). Simply dial 9-1-1. Stay calm and clearly state your emergency. You should give your name, phone number, and the address where help is needed to the Dispatch Operator.

If you are deaf or hearing/speech impaired, you may use a TTY or TTD Telephone to communicate with the 911 Center. If you don’t have access to these systems, dial 911 and do not hang up.  The 911 center can possibly retrieve your location by your phone number.



Message from Union County Tax Assessor's Office:

The July 31st Board of Assessor's meeting has been moved to July 24th due to scheduling conflicts.