Business Licenses


Union County does not require a business license in the unincorporated areas of the County unless is it a Hotel/Motel type of business, which has a special tax to pay.  The Hotel/Motel Tax License ordinance can be found HERE.

If you need a letter stating this, please print this PDF:
 Business License Letter

If you need Hotel/Motel Tax License packet, please print this PDF:
 Hotel/Motel Tax License

If you require additional information, contact the Union County Commissioner’s Office at (706) 439-6000.

If you are doing business within the City of Blairsville, contact Blairsville City Hall at (706) 745-2000.


There will be a CALLED MEETING of the Union County Commission on Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. in the Union County Courthouse located at 65 Courthouse Street, Blairsville, Georgia.

The purpose of this meeting will be to approve Resolution R-2020-13 re-appointing Susie Phillips to the Union County Board of Tax Assessors. No other business will be conducted.

Attendees will be required to wear a mask.