Transfer Station Information
348 Deep South Farm Road Hwy. 325 at corner of Hwy. 515*
Blairsville, GA 30512 near Horse Arena in Blairsville GA
1/4 mile past hospital on right *This location takes GLASS for recycling
Phone: (706) 439-6102
Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
Closed: Sundays and Holidays
The Transfer Station is owned by Union County, but operated under contract by a private firm, Advanced Disposal Services of North Georgia, L.L.C. The station accepts solid waste and recyclables from both commercial and residential users. This is not a landfill. All solid waste is transported to a landfill located elsewhere in Georgia.
County Ordinance O-2000-004 states that all trucks hauling solid waste must be suitably enclosed or covered to prevent littering. Violators of this ordinance are subject to the citation and shall be prosecuted in accordance with the provisions of the Ordinance.
- Individual household trash rate: 30 gallon bags, $1.00 per bag
- Individual household trash rate: 33 gallon bags, $1.25 per bag
- Commercial and larger individual loads will be charged $46.00 a ton.
No Yard Waste is accepted
There is no charge for the following recyclables:
- Paper Mixed, computer, magazines and newsprint
- Paper Board Cereal boxes, food container, etc.
- Cardboard Packing boxes (please break down)
- Automotive Batteries
- White Goods Appliances (excluding air conditioners and refrigerators)(Not available for commercial appliance dealers)
- Bulk Metal Tin roofing, metal desks, cabinets, etc.
Neighborhood Recycling Program
**** No Neighborhood Recycling Wednesday, May 23, 2018***
Hours: 9 a.m. to Noon
- Station 2 Jones Creek Precinct – Every Wednesday
- Station 3 Owltown Precinct – 1st & 3rd Wednesdays
- Station 4 Ivy Log Precinct – Every Wednesday
- Station 5 Suches Precinct – Every Wednesday
- Station 6 Pat Colwell Precinct – Every Wednesday
- Station 8 Gumlog Precinct – Every Wednesday
- Station 9 Coosa Precinct – 1st Wednesday
Materials we accept at the neighborhood drop-off sites:
- Mixed Paper which includes newspaper, copy paper, white paper, color paper, envelopes, fliers and any other office or “junk mailings” are accepted. Magazines, catalogs and thin paperback books are also accepted. If you can tear it, we can take it!
- Paperboard such as cereal boxes, soft drink boxes, etc. should be placed in the Mixed Paper bin.
- Aluminum Cans: Please rinse and flatten aluminum cans before placing in bin. They should be thrown in loose. Please empty your cans out of plastic bags or other containers.
- #1 and #2 Plastics: Look on the bottom of your plastic bottles for a number in a triangle of arrows. Those numbers identify recyclable plastic types. We are currently taking only number 1 and 2 plastic bottles with screw-top lids.
- Examples: #1 Containers Soft Drink Bottles, peanut butter jars, cooking oil bottles
- Examples: #2 Containers Milk jugs, detergent bottles, bleach bottles, plastic juice bottles
Always Remember to REMOVE LIDS AND RINSE CONTAINERS!
PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE: Microwave trays, yogurt containers, butter bowls, produce containers
Document Destruction & Electronic Recycling:
Rescheduled to September 15, 2018 from 10:00am til noon
Parking lot of North Georgia Technical College at 121 Meeks Ave., Blairsville GA
For more information Click here or call (706) 318-5448