Message from Union County Commissioner's Office:

Click Here


The purpose for this page is to provide information needed to apply for a license and to report monthly excise taxes.

Individual short-term rentals on different pieces of property are subject to the new Union County Short-term Rental Ordinance.  Information needed to file for this license and to report monthly excise taxes will be found below.  However, if a single piece of property contains more than one short-term rental (STR) and if all dwellings are owned by the same property owner, the property is considered a Tourist Accommodation and is subject to permitting and regulation by the State Department of Public Health.  Tourist Accommodations follow state guidelines but are subject to local Union County STR Excise Taxes. To learn more about the Tourist Accommodation permit, download THIS DOCUMENT and/or call (706) 781-3824.

For a quick overall understanding of STR regulation, download THIS FAQ DOCUMENT.


When making application for an STR License in Union County, the following information will be required:
  • Electronic copy of Drivers License or photo ID. (This can be a photo of the ID or a scanned copy of an ID.)
  • Electronic copy of the S.A.V.E Affidavit. To be valid, this Affidavit is required to be notarized. (This can be a photo of the Affidavit or a scanned copy of the Affidavit.)
  • Electronic copy of the property septic permit. (This can be a clear photo of the permit or it can be a scanned copy of the permit.)

    To request a copy of the Department of Public Health septic permit or evaluation, call (706) 781-3824.

    If you’ve just recently purchased your home, email a copy of page 1 of your Closing Settlement Statement to Otherwise, contact the STR Officer at 706-439-6122 or In response, you will receive the REQUIRED REGISTRATION LETTER with instructions and a unique code needed to apply for an STR License.

  • Announcements

    Message from Union County Commissioner's Office:

    A Public Hearing will be held on Thursday, July 18, 2024 at 5:00 p.m. in the Union County Courthouse, 65 Courthouse Street,
    Courtroom A, Blairsville, Georgia

    The purpose of this hearing will be for Union County to provide information and answer questions regarding the abandonment of Old Lows Mill Road and Old Ivy Log Road as they no longer serve a useful public purpose. Please send your comments via regular mail or to the email address listed on our website.

    Union County Commissioner
    Posted: July 2, 2024