THE BUTTERNUT CREEK FESTIVAL IS:
- July 15-16 2023
- A two day family-oriented fine craft and art show in Meeks Park. Featuring great musical entertainment, live art demonstrations and plenty of good food.
- An opportunity for local artists and craftsmen to sell and share their works with the general public in a pleasant and inviting setting.
- An event where all applicants are juried, limiting participation to 80 – 85 of the best to ensure quality and diversity.
- An opportunity to bring between 10,000 – 14,000 visitors to our community each year, resulting in increased business opportunities. Over 35% of festival visitors come from outside the local area.
- A partnership between High Country Artisans, Inc. and the Union County Recreation Department, Union County Middle School Art Program, Union County Woody Gap School Art Program, the Union County Senior Center and the Union County Library.
THE BLAIRSVILLE SCOTTISH FESTIVAL & HIGHLAND GAMES ARE:
- June 10-11 2023
- A two-day event with activities for all ages.
- An event featuring Scottish athletes, family clans, bagpipes and drums and traditional musicians.
- An event offering athletics such as caber toss, shot put, and hammer throw games.
- An opportunity for the community to experience vendors with traditional Scottish wares, clothing and food.
- An opportunity for families to display their family tartan while participating in events.
- A chance for kids to play a kid-friendly version of Scottish games.
- An opportunity to bring between 12,000 – 17,000 visitors to our community each year, resulting in increased business opportunities. Over 35% of festival visitors come from outside the local area.
THE SORGHUM FESTIVAL IS:
- Oct0ber 14-15 and October 21-22 2023
- An annual event that has fifty (50) years history in Blairsville, GA
- An opportunity for folks to see how sorghum syrup is made.
- A full festival experience complete with opening parade, traditional square dance, greased pole climbing, and log sawwing.
- A live music venue with arts & crafts vendors.