290 Farmers Market Way
Blairsville, GA 30512
Phone: (706) 439-6043
Trash & Treasure Yard Sale 2023
Policies & Information – Download Here.
Trash & Treasure opens for 2023 on Friday May 19, 2023. The sale will be open to consumers each Friday from 8 a.m. until 1 p.m. The last day for the sale in 2023 is October 13, 2023.
1. Trash & Treasure opening day is May 19, 2023.
2. Trash & Treasure will be open to vendors beginning at 7 a.m. each Friday and each vendor must be packed and exited from the Market by 2 p.m., at which time the staff prepares for the Saturday Market Day.
3. There are 84 stalls available for rent each week. These are available on a first come first served basis. No reservations are accepted. Upon arrival vendors should find an empty stall to back into and set up their goods for sale. Vendors will provide their own tables.
4. Vendors are responsible for cleaning up their stall before exiting the market. The use of nails or screws on the poles is strictly prohibited. A good alternative is to use bungee straps. Do not leave articles of any kind in a stall overnight.
5. Stall rental is $10 per day. The fee may be paid by cash or check and will be collected by a member of the Farmers Market staff before 9 a.m.
6. Each vendor is responsible for bringing and setting up their own tables for the displaying of merchandise. Each stall is approximately 10 feet by 18 feet and is designated by the green stripes on the sides of the booth. Trailers must be unhooked from the trucks which must be removed to the parking lot below the Market Buildings.
7. Each vendor is responsible for bringing their own money to make change for their customers.
8. All vendors are expected to conduct themselves in a courteous and respectful manner when dealing with customers, other vendors, and market staff.
- No “hawking” of products or other actions meant to attract customers from another vendors booth will
- Making disparaging remarks about other vendors’ products will not be tolerated.
- Vendors shall not participate in arguments or make threatening remarks toward other vendors, customers, or Farmers Market Staff.
- No solicitation of customers for political or religious purposes will be allowed.
- State and local campaign merchandise sales are not allowed.
- Any merchandise sold at T & T must be family friendly. Items which are offensive or profane are not
allowed to be displayed or sold.
- No pets are allowed on the north side of Butternut Creek (the side with the Farmers Market Buildings) apart from Trained Service Dogs.
- No smoking is allowed under or within 25 feet of the Farmers Market.
- Electricity is supplied at every other booth in buildings A and B. Electricity is supplied at each booth in building C. The maximum amps which can be used on any one circuit is 20.
- Items allowed for sale include used items from one’s household, flea market items, antiques, crafts, prepackaged food items (Soft drinks, packaged cookies, packaged snacks, etc.), and resale items. Vendors wishing to sell plants must have and display a live Plant License from the Georgia Department of Agriculture or North Carolina Department of Agriculture.
13. Any long firearms presented for sale must be zip tied through the breech and must be unloaded. Pistols sales are not allowed.
14. Non-profits may sell food items, crafts, and yard sale items at T & T. The non-profit organization should call the Market Manager At 706-439-6043 or email the Farmers Market at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a stall for a particular date.
15. The Union County Farmers Market is not responsible for items stolen or damaged by individuals coming to Trash & Treasure.
Please feel free to contact the Farmers Market staff with any questions.